Tuesday, February 4, 2020

What Art Response 1




Q1: The Expression the two women show are somewhat stoic, the first one is a profile with a straight face. The other is a slightly more dynamic pose, as instead of a straight picture her face is tilted up, and looking down. In both photos they seem to be relaxed, their shoulders are back and down.

Q2: By the painterly appearance of the photos my first guess would be oil paint, but nowadays with the advancements in photo-editing software there is a possibility it is photoshopped.

Q3: The photos colors really intimidate me. (it's quite a weird thing to say, but its how I feel.) The dark colors give off the feeling of indifference. Long story short, if I ever met these women in real life I would probably apologize to them if they even looked at me.

Q4: I think the artist intended the image to be intense, serious and intimidating. I think the artist wanted viewers to have an intense image to decipher. In my opinion it worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment